The Product Marketer position is a downstream marketing role that will work closely with the Marketing Services teams (Agency, Digital Ads, Website Creation, Content) to develop marketing collateral, sales training support, website content, product presentations, and other material in order to drive demand and adoption of our services. The Product Marketing Manager will support the sales, customer success, support, and marketing teams and is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of the industry, competitive landscape and customer needs.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Marketing Services, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for Vendasta’s in-house managed services. These include (but are not limited to) digital advertising, website creation, review management, and social posting for local businesses. You will craft the messaging and positioning for services. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager, you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
- Launch coordination – plan the launch of new products, release schedules and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan. Support Product Management and Marketing to develop product launch packages that include product messaging, value proposition, objection handling, competitive analysis, sales guides and other content
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Understand the buyer – be the expert on your buyers, their purchasing journey and their buying criteria; work with Marketing Services & Distribution leadership to develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Market expertise – gather competitive intelligence, market trends and new technologies to bring back to your teams in driving innovation; be the expert on your competition and how to win against them. Serve as subject matter expert to address technical questions from internal and external stakeholders
- Content production – work with various teams to support new product and service introductions, marketing content, and sales training materials
- Drive adoption – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand and adoption for your services
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of product marketing preferred
- Previous work experience in digital marketing preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or related discipline preferred
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities; applies agile product development philosophy
- Highly-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team setting
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.