As Product Manager, you will guide the strategy and execution of one or more of Vendasta’s foundational products. This extends from increasing the value and profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with stakeholders, customers, and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with internal teams, users, and potentially in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader ecosystem.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with the development teams to define and with a Product Marketing Specialist to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer and competitive landscape. You will also serve as the subject matter expert and internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather key insights, including but not limited to Partners, users, Sales, Success, Support, Marketing Services, and the Executive.
- Conduct business and technical strategy, working closely with R&D and tech leads
- Define the problem and scope for a given epic, and present backlog items and key milestones to make up product roadmap.
- Facilitate backlog refinement sessions (PBR) with development teams and stakeholders.
- Write and edit backlog items in our issue tracking software.
- Deeply understands and clearly communicates the business value
- Develop key user goals and funnels to define metrics of success
- Work with development teams to ensure software is built according to the
acceptance criteria defined in the backlog item.
- Design, develop, and manage project plans in a complex, dynamic environment.
Skills & Qualifications
- Humble and curious personality; doesn’t assume to have all the answers but works tirelessly to gather the information from the people with all the answers.
- Able to make a confident recommendation based on data, customer insight and ongoing stakeholder engagement, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, ensuring trade-offs or alternatives are offered as opposed to (just) bad news.
- Possesses strong leadership traits as outlined in Vendasta’s Leadership Principles and motivates a team to be creative about finding a solution
- Must be approachable, able to work with customers and internal staff
- Demonstrates a proficiency at “Bargain Hunting” with development teams to deliver the greatest value for the least cost.
- Must be knowledgeable in technology.
- Software/product management experience is a strong plus
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.